The Laurence Armstrong
Detox Diet Program
Lawrence Armstrong, originator of the Armstrong Detox Diet, was
a prominent nutritionist who ran the Armstrong Nutrition Institute in Perth
in the 1930s. He later moved his consultancy business to Melbourne, where it
flourished for many years and changed the lives of countless grateful
Mr Armstrong was
the author of many booklets on health, including Our Heritage of Health :
the Cause and Treatment of Common Diseases , The Life Force: Food
Science as the Key to Perfect Health , Life Force Recipes
, Our Mysterious Glands , In Harmony with Nature
, and Cancer is Curable , all of which he updated regularly
The following is extracted from Mr Armstrong's original detox diet instruction
- The juice of 1 orange or grapefruit
- 1 pint of warm water with:
- Grated apples and carrot with sultanas or raisins, 5 almonds
- 1 slice of wholemeal (wholewheat) toast
- 1 ripe apples or pear, or ripe fruit
AT 10 AM AND 11 AM:
AT 4 PM:
- 1 pint of vegetable water or water
- Boil or steam any 4 or 5 of the following:
Cauliflower, silverbeet, pumpkin, mat turnip, celery
- 1 piece of any lean meat (optional)
- Tea (made with lemon juice or milk)
- Baked apples or some stewed fruit
Take 2 raw salads on hot day and more grapes
- If hungry between meals eat 1 apple or pear.
- You must drink 7 ½ pints of liquid a day.
- Massage the feet in cold water once a day.
- Take 1 enema each week AFTER bowel movement to cleanse the bowels. Use cool
- Take one dose of Vitalax 1 time a week.
- Sleep for 1 hour after lunch every day.
- Take a cold or tepid bath with a vigorous rubdown.
- Keep urine quite clear and free from sediment.
- Apply 1 drop of Castor Oil to the eyelids every day.
- Take light outdoor work and exercise every day.
- Practice abdominal exercises for 1 minute every
- Take more relaxation out of doors.
|Vegetable water: water in
which vegetables were cooked
Beetroot: pickled beets
Wholemeal scones: click here for recipe
Margarine: New research on trans fats suggests
finding a healthier butter substitute
Baked apples: click here for recipe
Andrew's Liver Salts: Antacid product
available in UK. Contains sodium bicarbonate, which neutralises stomach
acid, and magnesium sulphate (Epsom Salts), which has a mild laxative
Any abdominal strengthening exercises will work. Visit www.sixpacknow.com for more
The Armstrong Detox Diet, while easy to follow, requires a commitment to avoiding
all foods not specifically mentioned in the diet in an effort to restore your
health. Regarding time frames, you can follow the diet for as little as two weeks
or as long as 12 months, depending on the severity of your symptoms.
To read an interview with one of Mr Armstrong's former clients, click on
Detox Diet Interview.
It's important that you consult with a qualified health
professional before embarking on any new dietary or exercise
Gathering information online is fine for research purposes, but you
need a real live professional to monitor your progress if you
attempt to make drastic changes to your lifestyle. Unless you're a
health professional yourself, you aren't equipped to objectively
observe your body's responses to a new diet or exercise program. So
whatever your chosen course of action, please be sure you enlist
the support of a qualified professional.
Read our full Disclaimer